Elizabeth Kitchens loves learning and sharing about what she’s learned and experienced, whether that involves giving practical advice about writing and publishing, explaining scientific concepts, or tying together interesting historical tidbits and Biblical truths to inspire and teach. She was terrified of speaking in public as a child, but after teaching college microbiology labs for several years, she discovered she actually loves speaking and teaching, especially if she’s passionate about her subject. To grow her skills, Elizabeth earned a Competent Communicator Certificate from Toastmasters International, Inc. in 2017. She was invited to speak at her local writers club several times and has taught a workshop at the Southern Christian Writers Conference in Birmingham, AL.
- “Writing Fantasy,” a workshop for the Southern Christian Writers Conference in Birmingham, Alabama, June 2022
- “A Brief History of English,” a presentation to the Tuscaloosa Christian Writers Club (TCWC), March 2019
- “Self-Publishing: Uploading Your Book to CreateSpace,” a presentation to TCWC, February 2017
- “Introduction to Copyediting,” a presentation to TCWC, May 2016
- “The Mysterious Book: How to Format Your Book for the CreateSpace Printing Platform,” a presentation to TCWC, April 2015
This workshop focuses on using story elements, especially goals and conflict, to develop a fantasy world that ties in with your story and a story with strong conflict and goals.
Making It to The End
This workshop is designed to help authors actually complete their stories.
Elixir or Poison?: Gaining and Evaluating Feedback from Critique Partners, Contests, Editors, and Beta-Readers
This workshop aids authors in gaining and evaluating feedback.
Professional Quality Indie Publishing: Editing, Formatting, Cover Design, and Uploading Your Book
A guide to indie publishing.
For inquiries about having Elizabeth as a speaker, please fill out the form below. If there is a topic not listed here you would like her to speak on, please let her know.